UPDATE – Monday, July 1st, 9:00am
We are very happy to report we were able to open and restart operations as of Friday June 28th, 2013!! For those of you who we had to cancel appointments for, we’ll be contacting you in the next week or so to reschedule.
The affected areas and communities still have a long way to go. We were able to donate some tools, buckets and flashlights to some of the communities who needed equipment. If you’d like to help, we recommend the following two methods:
- redcross.ca – They will use your funding to support relief efforts locally.
- Direct community involvement. – This Facebook group is one we’ve been following to determine who and where volunteers and supplies are needed.
- Support a local business affected by the flood – @YYCisOpen is a movement started to support local business who are trying to rebuild after the flood. Simply patriating their establishment will help rebuild!
It’s great to see Calgarians getting together and helping the people and businesses get back on their feet! Don’t forget to support your local Calgary business getting back on it’s feet too!
We hope you’re doing ok too; Our positive thoughts are with everyone rebuilding and helping to rebuild!
Rocell & Dave
UPDATE – Tuesday, June 25th, 1:50pm
- Appointments for Wednesday June 26th are now canceled. Our building operators have been unable to get electrical back online to allow us to continue business.
- We will not be contacting patients due to our system continuing to be off-line. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will be in contact with patients to confirm any up-coming appointments.
In the mean time if you need flood info, make sure you’re using the appropriate authoritative resources. Here is a list from our Alderperson:
- Calgary Flood Information – http://www.calgarycitynews.com/2013/06/calgary-flood-information.html
- Transit Information – http://www.calgarycitynews.com/2013/06/transit.html
- How to Volunteer (We encourage those who weren’t affected by the floods to assist in any way that they can) – http://www.calgarycitynews.com/2013/06/volunteers.html
- Evacuation Lifted (Re-entry Information) – http://www.calgarycitynews.com/2013/06/evacuation-lifted-re-entry-information.html
- Flood Road Closures – http://www.calgarycitynews.com/2013/06/road-closures.html
- Enmax Outages – http://www.calgarycitynews.com/2013/06/enmax-outages.html
- 3-1-1 Online Services – https://311online.calgary.ca/pdcsrweb/Home.mvc/Index
- Flood FAQ’s – http://www.calgarycitynews.com/2013/06/frequently-asked-questions.html
- Evacuation Information and Reception Centres – http://www.calgarycitynews.com/2013/06/evacuation-informationmapsreception.html
Monday, June 24th, 11:45am
Wow… The events over the past few days have been shocking, saddening, awe-inspiring and amazing. The flood here was nothing short of shocking, but the response from all levels of government, and the people of Calgary pulling together has been nothing short of amazing!
Thankfully, our immediate friends, family, and our practice are all okay. The practice currently doesn’t have any power, and we expect this to be rectified by tonight or tomorrow at the latest. For now we’re going to cancel appointments on Tuesday, June 25th.
We know that not everyone made it out of this disaster as unscathed as we did, so if there are any oral hygiene supplies you need to help out, please let us know, and we’ll do our best to contribute.
- White Summit will be closed Tuesday June 25th as we wait for the power to be restored. If you had an appointment scheduled for this day, consider it canceled, and we’ll contact you to reschedule once our systems are back online.
- If you or your neighbours, family or friends need some oral health products, please let us know, and we’ll do our best to contribute. Once the power is restored we’ll post an update to let you know when we can help.
- If you’re interesting in contributing to the flood victims, please consider donating to the Canadian Red Cross http://www.redcross.ca/donate/donate-online/donate-to-the-alberta-floods
Best wishes to all of you, and we look forward to contributing to rebuilding the effected areas of the city and getting Calgary back to the most amazing place it normally is.
Rocell & Dave